Either of these markets:
- San Francisco, CA
- Salt Lake City, UT
Dwelo is bringing home automation to apartment communities. Our software, hardware, and service platform enables the owners and managers of multifamily properties to offer smart homes as an amenity to their residents while simultaneously improving the efficiency of their operations. Dwelo smart apartments are live in over a dozen markets and counting. We are a small team making a lot happen, we are the leaders in this space while taking on some big names, and we are on track for a billion dollar outcome.
ABOUT THE JOB
This is a leadership role focused on building out and executing on our QA process as an integral part of our software development process. You'll influence how engineering is done and how we deliver our product at Dwelo, while mentoring and growing other members of the QA team.
HOW YOU'LL RAMP
- First week: You’ll have your Dwelo equipment and see the whole system working from end to end. You'll take a tour of our engineering workflow and see how we deploy devices and code internally and to customers.
- First month: You'll help us design and execute test cases, regression tests, and improvements to our promotion path. You'll spot holes in our coverage, help us improve of our defect and known issue book keeping procedures, and find opportunities for automation.
- After a couple of months: You'll be working with us to design our virtual and real hardware and cloud (automated) test environments.
- After 6 months: You'll be helping us scale our QA department through continued automation and growing QA team members. You'll be routinely implementing test plans for new features. And you will be finding new ways to measure the health of our development process.
- You have strong leadership and mentorship skills, and a desire to push them further.
- You have 3 or more years of experience working as a QA lead and testing features across multiple devices and platforms for a product.
- You have an understanding of continuous integration and deployment practices, along with experience using the tools that come with it.
- You have an appreciate and love for being an integral part of ensuring that a product is solidly reliable.
RECENT ENGINEERING PROJECTS
- We added cellular connectivity to all of our in-home gateways.
- Started integrating with metering solutions to surface data to residents and managers, while notifying them of leaks.
- Rebuilt our sensor data and command channel infrastructure with Twilio to provide seamless state synchronization across our mobile apps, our cloud, and our tens of thousands of devices.
- Created our sensor data pipeline and data warehouse on AWS, to store and analyze the ever widening firehose of data we receive from all of our devices.
OUR INTERVIEW PROCESS
Learning how we are going to work together on a team to build and deploy software quickly and frequently is far more insightful to us than algorithmic acrobatics on a whiteboard. We’ll start with a call about your professional history, what you have built lately, and what you’re looking to get out of future jobs. A follow up interview will involve a technical discussion about some realistic problems we are trying to solve, and how you might approach them. The next step is talking about how you might realistically test some of our products and what parts of those processes are well suitable for automation. Lastly, you’ll spend some time with our CEO, potentially playing a board game, going for a hike or doing some other kind of casual activity so you get a chance to learn more about our business.
If interested, email your resume and any additional comments to email@example.com.